[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”454″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (GoKP) established an independent corporate utility company by the name of Water and Sanitation Services Company Mardan (WSSCM).
- It is registered under section 42 of the companies ordinance 1984 with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
- The goal of WSSCM is to “bring sustained improvement in water and sanitation delivery to effectively address the basic needs of citizens of Mardan”.
- WSSCM was set up in the year 2016 with the express task to take over the water supply, wastewater and solid waste management facilities from Tehsil Municipal Administration.
- The rationale for setting up this company is to amalgamate, under one corporate entity, all drinking water, sanitation and solid waste management services in Mardan city, wherein the services are currently being provided by Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA) Mardan.
- Under the code of corporate governance the company is being run by the Board of Directors (BoD)
- BoD exercise the Responsibilities, Powers and Functions as per Section 5 of the Public Sector Companies (Corporate Governance) Rules, 2013.
- Mardan is the second largest city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Mardan district comprises of three tehsils i.e. Takhtbhai, Katlang and Mardan. The total area of Mardan is about 1,632 sq. km. The City of Mardan has 46 Union councils in total out of which 14 follows urbanized trend and lie in jurisdiction of City. The population is about 5 Million, the annual growth rate is 1.5%.
Name of 14 Urban Union Councils
- Bijli Ghar
- Bari Cham
- Bikat Ganj
- Par Hoti
- Mardan Khass
- Guli Bagh
- Muslim Abad
- Sikandari Purdil Abad